We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including title, forename, surname, postal address, postcode, email address, telephone numbers including mobile phones and employment status)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including title, forename, surname, postal address, postcode, email address, telephone numbers including mobile phones and employment status)
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
- Other information.
Using your personal data
- We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to any of our businesses or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- Other uses.
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
- We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
Google AdWords and Remarketing
We use all features of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. That includes obtaining specific visitor cookie data, such as the source, medium and keyword used to visit our website. Google Analytics does not store any visitor specific data and we will not use visitor specific data in any way related to Google Analytics, Google AdWords and Remarketing.
We use remarketing with Google AdWords and Google Analytics to display content specific advertisements to visitors that have previously visited our site when those visitors go to other websites that have the Google Display Network implemented.
CARS-EXPO and other third-party vendors, including Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on visitor’s past visits to our website.
When creating remarketing lists, we can’t use any sensitive information about users. This includes information such as their financial status, sexual orientation, and other sensitive categories.
As AdWords advertisers, we are restricted from and will not perform the following actions: (a) Running ads that collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) including, but not limited to, email addresses, telephone numbers and credit card numbers (b) Creating a remarketing list or creating ad text that specifically targets users in ways that are outlined as “prohibited”.
Visitors can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers and opt out of customised Google Display Network ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager.
Definitions : “User” means a unique instance of a browser, application or similar technology. “User Cookie” means the User identifier (of which a cookie is one example) associated with a User for remarketing or similar audiences. “Remarketing Lists” means a list of User Cookies created or otherwise obtained by you and used in connection with remarketing or similar audiences. “Similar Audiences Lists” means a list of Users created by Google based on a Remarketing List for use in connection with similar audiences. “Properties” means properties or content on which advertisements are shown.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.